Remember first impressions last:
Inviting the prospective buyer in
- Make absolutely sure your property looks its best at all times.
- Always be prepared at all times to show your property. The prospect you turn away may have been the logical buyer.
- Have the shrubs trimmed and the lawns and nature strip cut. Keeping the yard neat and clean makes it inviting for the prospective buyer to look inside.
- Your front gate is the prospective buyer's first point of contact. See that it is in good repair.
- If you have a dog, keep it out of the house and under control. Prospective buyers may be afraid of a dog.
- Dress up your windows as they are the “eyes” of the house.
Making buyers feel welcome
Making the sale
- Keep your house clean and tidy.
- Spotless and uncluttered kitchens and bathrooms are an important part of creating a comfortable living environment.
- Remove any distracting noise by turning off the radio and television.
- Let plenty of light into your rooms by opening drapes and turning on lights. Light has the unique ability to create a cheerful atmosphere.
- A moderate amount of heat adds a feeling of cosiness in cold weather and fresh air is equally desirable on hot days.
- Put some fresh flowers around the house and borrow some indoor plants or palms.
- Repair any broken windows and screens, loose door knobs, etc.
- Make all minor repairs to sticking doors, leaky plumbing, broken light switches, etc. Little things like these make a house hard to show and can often prevent a sale.
- Have the garage clean and neat.
- Leave the showing of the house to the trained professional sales consultant. Interrupting their sales presentation may lose a sale.
- If you believe the consultant has overlooked some good selling points, let them know.
- If re-decorating is needed, do it if possible. Properly done, it creates appeal and may increase the asking price. Speak to our trained consultants before any improvements are carried out as you may be over capitalising.
If you require any further information or assistance, contact one of our Scarce property consultants on 08 8332 1022.
Remember top presentation at all times = Top Price